Rana Village - 2900 Pleasant Ave

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Re: Rana Village - 2900 Pleasant Ave

Postby mattaudio » September 21st, 2016, 3:50 pm

Qhaberl
Foshay Tower

Postby Qhaberl » April 24th, 2018, 6:54 am

Haven’t heard anything about this one lately. Anyone have any info? I know they finished the apartment across the street on Harriet, but last time I was by this area I hadn’t seen any start of construction. That was about five months ago, so something could’ve happened by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » April 24th, 2018, 9:13 am

Pretty sure this is the same project, discussed in the Southside thread. Could the mods move it over here?
Packet for an apartment building across from Karmel Mall.

http://minneapolismn.gov/www/groups/pub ... 208870.pdf
This is Rana Village, which I think we have a thread for, right? The one that was originally proposed to have a Skyway to the Karmel Square?

Of special note, it includes the Sabri Suite!

And so much terrible tan cementitious siding.

niaxilin
City Center

Postby niaxilin » June 13th, 2018, 10:49 pm

I just biked by it on the Greenway tonight. They have a small backhoe down in the trench. The little buildings are halfway demolished (the top halves!). The gap in the middle of the retaining wall, which used to be vegetation and the basement of a building, is now a dirt incline up into the parking lot. I guess that's how the backhoe got down? Sorry, no photos yet; too dark.

Qhaberl
Foshay Tower

Postby Qhaberl » June 14th, 2018, 10:55 am

Good to see this one moving forward.

Jen
Block E

Postby Jen » June 23rd, 2018, 7:03 pm

There were some garages or structures next to the Greenway that are now partially torn down, next to it are piles of general crap that have been there as long as I have been walking by (pallets and junk). The asphalt of the large parking area is almost all torn up, and there are some protections to the outside of the daycare entrance.

I admit I am kind of worried about this, only because I recently learned that this belongs to the same people that own the building north of the Greenway. On Earth Day I cleaned up the garbage on Grand from 28th to Lake and the properties on either side of the Greenway took a couple of hours and two garbage bags just to get cleared (I left the two used condoms next to the Karmel Apts parking garage). Naturally there is garbage everywhere again. I am excited to have a building where there was surface parking and junk piles, but I wonder with more people how much more trash will line the street. Reading about Sabri here has not made me feel better.

hanslu01
Block E

Postby hanslu01 » October 20th, 2018, 8:11 am

Now it's more than just piles of crap on this site: they've started constructing ground-level walls.

Qhaberl
Foshay Tower

Postby Qhaberl » June 7th, 2019, 5:55 am

This project is kind of out-of-the-way for me. Does anyone know if it’s now under construction?

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » June 9th, 2019, 8:30 am

This project is kind of out-of-the-way for me. Does anyone know if it’s now under construction?

Basically topped out!