CHS Field (St. Paul Saints Ballpark)

The Most Livable City in America™
SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Re: CHS Field (St. Paul Saints Ballpark)

Postby SurlyLHT » November 12th, 2020, 9:37 am

Reading the Strib article Saints attendance has been at capacity. Assuming becoming an affiliate will bring more fans it would make sense for some sort of expansion of capacity. Thinking about this stadium reminds me of Target Field and then my mind wanders to all of the wonderful outdoor gatherings and events we couldn't do this year.

Tom H.
US Bank Plaza

Postby Tom H. » November 12th, 2020, 1:33 pm

My understanding has also been that St Paul is by far the most successful franchise in the American Association, and looking at the league 2019 attendance figures backs that up - the Saints averaged over 8,000 fans per game, while the next highest team was at about 4,000. I'm guessing their financial success to some extent props up the whole league - I wonder if the AA could continue to exist without the Saints.

On the flip side, with all the affiliated minor league teams that are being booted out of MiLB, perhaps the demand will be there for more independent leagues like the AA.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » November 13th, 2020, 9:55 am

Is there anything that would prevent the Twins from taking a partial ownership share in the Saints? It seems like that's the only scenario where it make sense for the Twins to cover the $20m MiLB buy in required.

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » November 13th, 2020, 3:57 pm

Is there anything that would prevent the Twins from taking a partial ownership share in the Saints? It seems like that's the only scenario where it make sense for the Twins to cover the $20m MiLB buy in required.
I was wondering the same thing.