Rochester LINK BRT

Roads - Rails - Sidewalks - Bikeways
Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Rochester LINK BRT

Postby Bakken2016 » January 21st, 2022, 2:22 pm

https://www.rochestermn.gov/government/ ... ation/link

I didn't see a category for this Transit project. So I thought I would add it. It looks like it will be moving into final design this year, and construction in 2023/2024 with an opening in 2025. It definitely connects some major destinations in Rochester, but would definitely like to see more expansion into a network of BRT lines in Rochester.

Trademark
US Bank Plaza

Re: Rochester LINK BRT

Postby Trademark » January 21st, 2022, 2:47 pm

https://www.rochestermn.gov/government/ ... ation/link

I didn't see a category for this Transit project. So I thought I would add it. It looks like it will be moving into final design this year, and construction in 2023/2024 with an opening in 2025. It definitely connects some major destinations in Rochester, but would definitely like to see more expansion into a network of BRT lines in Rochester.
5 minute frequency during peak and 10 off peak with I believe fully dedicated lanes is amazing. I can see something like this being a great pilot program that actually could push for expansion. Especially compared to the starter streetcar lines that many cities like Milwaukee have implemented instead.

DanPatchToget
Wells Fargo Center

Postby DanPatchToget » January 21st, 2022, 3:08 pm

Fingers crossed they actually go through with dedicated lanes and signal priority.

Hopefully they're considering electric buses.

thespeedmccool
Union Depot

Postby thespeedmccool » January 21st, 2022, 3:15 pm

Rochester would be such a great opportunity to extend the Cities' aBRT success to outstate. Hopefully it's successful and the DFL continues to push for further BRT expansion.

Oreos&Milk
Landmark Center

Postby Oreos&Milk » January 30th, 2022, 10:57 am

Fingers crossed they actually go through with dedicated lanes and signal priority.

Hopefully they're considering electric buses.
🤔

Yea, I bet they could get a great deal from buying those battery Electric buses from metro transit that keep breaking down. That or build something that actually is dependable and works like one of those cable or 3rd “rail” like method.