Future of the forum

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
Silophant

Re: Future of the forum

Postby Silophant » February 10th, 2022, 6:20 pm

No worries! This has probably been an absolutely perplexing conversation if you didn't recognize the acronym. SkyscraperCity is an enormous development forum with subforums for what appears to be basically every decent sized city in the world. Here's the Twin Cities subforum.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

MSPtoMKE
Rice Park

Postby MSPtoMKE » February 10th, 2022, 10:27 pm

There is also https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/, they have cool skyline diagrams, both are pretty skyscraper focused, but SSC especially so, as I recall. I joined SSC almost 20 (!) years ago when I was in college in Milwaukee, but then made the switch to Skyscraperpage for reasons I don’t entirely remember, haha. I actually met some cool folks there at meetups that I have kept (distantly) in contact with, but it got a little much and I haven’t browsed either in ages.
My flickr photos.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » February 10th, 2022, 10:34 pm

While we're doing this, whatever happened to FISHMANPET?

Tiller
Foshay Tower

Postby Tiller » February 11th, 2022, 9:19 pm

While we're doing this, whatever happened to FISHMANPET?
It's anyone's guess as to why people start and stop posting here, but a lot of people are also on MN local politics Twitter. He's definitely still alive.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » February 15th, 2022, 9:25 am

I know someone on SSC posted a link to all of the posts a while back from retiredbanker and all of there other fake profiles. Some wild stuff was said by that person. It ended up involving multiple fake linkedin and social media accounts. All of which pointed to a plan to turn the twin cities into the next mega city. It all fell apart when most posters realized it was a scam. Before my time posting on either.
Hello, I was basically at like the center of this whole thing. Didn't we have topic on it?

lol

viewtopic.php?p=79082#p79082

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » February 26th, 2022, 3:48 pm

Long live RB
ImageImage
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » February 26th, 2022, 9:27 pm

What ever happened to June?

But it's wild how many vaporware projects actually get quite far and are taken seriously. Remember North American High Speed Rail Corp or whatever? They had their sign on an office tower in Bloomington. Seeking EB-5 visas for funding. "Social Wendy" etc. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=81&start=440

Or remember some of the Rochester projects which had Middle Eastern capital? viewtopic.php?t=4154