Canvas Apts - 2301 California St NE

Northeast, Near North, Camden, Old St. Anthony, University and surrounding neighborhoods
Silophant

Re: Canvas Apts - 2301 California St NE

Postby Silophant » November 8th, 2022, 11:15 pm

I'm willing to cut this one a little slack, since a decent chunk of the lot is transmission line right of way and cannot have an actual structure built on it. Would have been been better to make it restored prairie or something, but you can't win them all.

Fantastic to see that it's getting started, looking forward to excitedly bringing it up at a BNA meeting.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » November 9th, 2022, 9:16 am

The prairie is already in really great shape. Pretty bummed about this one.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » November 9th, 2022, 7:51 pm

Well, it was. The lot was used as a staging area for the gas main work that Centerpoint was doing all summer and now it's all bare dirt.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » November 14th, 2022, 1:03 pm

'Prairie' is a loose term, It's a polluted vacant lot with tall grass & invasive weeds.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » November 14th, 2022, 2:12 pm

No it wasn't? Golden rods, docks, switchgrass, etc were all living on that lot. I'm pretty sure someone may have thrown some seeds down on the site with the rate at which it grew.

alexschief
Wells Fargo Center

Postby alexschief » December 12th, 2022, 3:01 pm

This project has started construction. I noticed some remarks from Councilmember Rainville celebrating this milestone in his newsletter and in the Strib. I was gratified to see his comments, considering that just two years ago he opposed the project in testimony before the BHIZ committee while a private citizen.

I think this goes to show that the benefits of more housing and more affordable housing become obvious once we get shovels in the ground and that opponents can become proponents as long as they aren't allowed to block new housing indefinitely.

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » December 12th, 2022, 4:21 pm

This project has started construction. I noticed some remarks from Councilmember Rainville celebrating this milestone in his newsletter and in the Strib. I was gratified to see his comments, considering that just two years ago he opposed the project in testimony before the BHIZ committee while a private citizen.

I think this goes to show that the benefits of more housing and more affordable housing become obvious once we get shovels in the ground and that opponents can become proponents as long as they aren't allowed to block new housing indefinitely.
Everything Rainville does makes me give massive side eye, I'm hoping Conrad Zbikowski can defeat him next year.

Trademark
US Bank Plaza

Postby Trademark » December 12th, 2022, 4:59 pm

Everything Rainville does makes me give massive side eye, I'm hoping Conrad Zbikowski can defeat him next year.
Just sent an email to him to help out in his campaign! Anything possible to make sure Rainville doesn't win again!

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » December 13th, 2022, 12:02 pm

Just sent an email to him to help out in his campaign! Anything possible to make sure Rainville doesn't win again!
Yeah, I donated the max I could this year to his campaign. And plan to do that again in 2023!