Hiawatha-Minnehaha Corridor - General Topics

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
thespeedmccool
Union Depot

Re: Hiawatha-Minnehaha Corridor - General Topics

Postby thespeedmccool » May 31st, 2022, 8:38 pm

Self-storage is a symptom of our consumer culture. Most are filled with junk that should have been given away, or simply not purchased in the first place.
Uh, no, actually.

Lots of folks use self-storage to avoid having to throw away everything they own when they are getting evicted or leaving town for a few months.

Sure, some are Edinans with three boats and eight couches, but I doubt that's the majority of self-storers. I'd be willing to bet the median self-storage lease is under one year.

Trademark
US Bank Plaza

Postby Trademark » June 1st, 2022, 9:56 am

Self-storage is a symptom of our consumer culture. Most are filled with junk that should have been given away, or simply not purchased in the first place.
Uh, no, actually.

Lots of folks use self-storage to avoid having to throw away everything they own when they are getting evicted or leaving town for a few months.

Sure, some are Edinans with three boats and eight couches, but I doubt that's the majority of self-storers. I'd be willing to bet the median self-storage lease is under one year.
Exactly, or if someone has to downsize.

fehler
Rice Park

Postby fehler » August 29th, 2023, 7:35 am

Fence posts going in two different lots on Hiawatha Ave between 34th and 35th Ave. Construction related, or nuisance/homeless abatement? Neither lot seems active (except for the former "Big Timber" corner lot that looks to be temporary construction storage).

amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Postby amiller92 » August 29th, 2023, 9:24 am

We seem to be slowly fencing off any space on which someone might erect a tent.

alexschief
Wells Fargo Center

Postby alexschief » August 31st, 2023, 12:31 pm

New project proposed for 3561 Minnehaha Ave. 32 units, 0 car parking spaces, 36 long-term bike parking spots. Packet.

This one will be built to passive house insulation standards, all electric utilities, rooftop solar array. Footprint Development strikes again. Thankfully unlike last time, they have the support of the neighbors.

John21
Rice Park

Postby John21 » September 1st, 2023, 11:42 am

Great project!

BigIdeasGuy
Union Depot

Postby BigIdeasGuy » September 20th, 2023, 12:48 pm

I went from "great project" to "it would sure be nice if they could buy and include the two apartment buildings right to the south" to "oh those are condos nevermind" real quick

MinneapBliss
Metrodome

Postby MinneapBliss » September 25th, 2023, 2:03 pm

Repair Lair relocated to 4153 Minnehaha Ave. I'm curious as to what will go in at their old space adjacent to Sonora restaurant on E Lake St.
"That rug really tied the room together, did it not?" -Walter Sobchak