Waldorf Astoria

nasa35

Waldorf Astoria

Postby nasa35 » March 15th, 2013, 12:16 pm

I will be doing some work there next week. Any requests on photography? Observations?

MNdible
is great.

Re: Waldorf Astoria

Postby MNdible » March 15th, 2013, 12:58 pm

How the other half lives?

And by half, I mean of course the other hundredth.

nasa35

Postby nasa35 » March 15th, 2013, 1:00 pm

How the other half lives?

And by half, I mean of course the other hundredth.
My company is so cheap, i have to stay at the Milford, in Time's Square!

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » March 15th, 2013, 1:24 pm

Oh well. Have fun anyways.

lordmoke
Wells Fargo Center

Postby lordmoke » March 15th, 2013, 2:00 pm

If you have time, it would be cool to see some pictures of the supertall towers NYC has going up right now!

nasa35

Postby nasa35 » March 15th, 2013, 4:46 pm

If you have time, it would be cool to see some pictures of the supertall towers NYC has going up right now!
It appears I will have plenty of free time; the unions only work till 2:30! My i-phone takes such good pictures that I won't be bringing a camera. They wanted almost 500.00 a night, so I guess I understand. It just would've been sweet to stay there, especially not on my dime.

Maybe I'll take some pics of what I'm doing and some of you might begin to understand why I do have contacts in the building trades and firms. I've actually worked on every significant tower in Minneapolis and with every builder and architecture outfit that does local and regional work....and....some international, but much less frequent.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » March 15th, 2013, 6:35 pm

I will be doing some work there next week. Any requests on photography? Observations?
When you visit ,check out this enormous gourmet indoor food market: http://chelseamarket.com/ It's a renovated old meatpacking plant. It's quite amazing. I was there a few years ago. Would love something like this for our Armory! :)

nasa35

Postby nasa35 » March 15th, 2013, 7:33 pm

When you visit ,check out this enormous gourmet indoor food market: http://chelseamarket.com/ It's a renovated old meatpacking plant. It's quite amazing. I was there a few years ago. Would love something like this for our Armory! :)
Thanks john! I was in the Bronx for six weeks two years ago and grew tired of the same ole' over rated sandwiches.

mister.shoes
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mister.shoes » March 15th, 2013, 11:27 pm

I second Chelsea Market. The wife and I had a delicious lunch at one if the restaurants there last summer. Way cool complex.

While you're in that neighborhood, walk the High Line Park. I know it's touristy and cliche now, but that doesn't make it any less cool.

And, at the north end of the High Line is the site of the Hudson Yards redevelopment that appeared to be somewhat in progress this past summer. I hadn't yet discovered UrbanMSP so I wasn't as inclined to look as closely as I would were I to go there now.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/html/hyards/hymain.shtml
The problem with being an introvert online is that no one knows you're just hanging out and listening.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » March 16th, 2013, 10:48 am

I don't remember the name, but there's an amazing Deli in Chelsea market with an amazing Pastrami sandwich. It's one of the sit down places, not just a counter.