Thrivent Blocks

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
John
Capella Tower

Re: Thrivent Blocks

Postby John » January 17th, 2013, 2:51 pm

I think that would kind of be overkill on that block, crowding the foshay, unless it was super skinny...which would be cool.
Yes , I agree. I think that having a new supertall on the same block as the Foshay could be a problem. It would really almost have to be as slender as the Foshay to work well. But Ryan's concept for the supertall could probably fit somewhere else with some tweaking. Well, anyways, I thinks its going to be an interesting year for Minneapolis above 500 feet!

gahwi003
Metrodome

Postby gahwi003 » January 17th, 2013, 3:30 pm

It would be fascinating to see how a generic building that size would look in that location.
Haha "hint hint" to those who can scale something like this ;)

trkaiser
Landmark Center

Postby trkaiser » January 17th, 2013, 3:49 pm

It would be fascinating to see how a generic building that size would look in that location.
Haha "hint hint" to those who can scale something like this ;)
I was trying to be classy about it.

TroyGBiv
US Bank Plaza

Postby TroyGBiv » June 2nd, 2013, 12:24 am

I'd rather see any TCF tower moved to the east side surface parking lot next to the Young Quinlan building. A super tall would keep a central peak for the skyline and could also encourage Targets new tower to be more ambitious. Just a thought - I know that this is always much more complicated - but if the TCF tower were torn down to build on the same site they would still have have to relocate.

MS3

Postby MS3 » June 2nd, 2013, 8:27 am

I agree

kregger22

Postby kregger22 » June 3rd, 2013, 11:24 am

So here we are in June, and no building over 500 ft has been announced, INCLUDING THIS ONE, this year. I'm not trying to be a Negative Nancy, but new info on this one would be nice if this is to be our first Supertall. I know, I know, be patient... be patient.

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » June 3rd, 2013, 12:28 pm

Patience is a virtue :) IIRC the IDS Center was in development for more than 7years.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato