The Walkway - (1312 West Lake Street)

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
ECtransplant
US Bank Plaza

Re: The Walkway - (1312 West Lake Street)

Postby ECtransplant » July 18th, 2013, 5:10 am

While I do agree a more diverse range of types of retail would be healthy for uptown, most of the everyday type things you can get at a CityTarget you can already get at nearby stores (Rainbow, Lunds, Ace Hardware, CVS, Walgreens). That's not to say I wouldn't also love having a CityTarget in the area. I think the best bet for one might be the eventual redevelopment of the Rainbow lot.

Minneboy
US Bank Plaza

Postby Minneboy » July 18th, 2013, 7:23 am

]

Really like this picture. Makes it look so urban. Wait for Moziac Phase 2.

RailBaronYarr
Capella Tower

Postby RailBaronYarr » July 18th, 2013, 7:47 am

While I do agree a more diverse range of types of retail would be healthy for uptown, most of the everyday type things you can get at a CityTarget you can already get at nearby stores (Rainbow, Lunds, Ace Hardware, CVS, Walgreens). That's not to say I wouldn't also love having a CityTarget in the area. I think the best bet for one might be the eventual redevelopment of the Rainbow lot.
That's true, although none of those would have the selection of clothing and housewares I'd expect at a CT (even if their selection is reduced a little). You're probably right on the Rainbow lot being a better location. Oh well.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » July 18th, 2013, 8:28 am

You can get some good things at those places but there isn't a great selection. I went over to Walgreens just a couple of weeks ago to get some finger bandages. You'd think a drugstore would be the place to go for that. They had _one_ (count 'em) type, and wasn't exactly what I needed. It did the job ok but I would have preferred a more suitable design for the job.

Frattalone's is great, I go there all the time. And of course we have plenty of groceries. It's more the stock items like toothpaste, kleenex, etc. that is missing. Yes, you can get such things at Walgreens and CVS but not the same stuff you can get at Target.

There are no children's stores in Uptown and there are *lots* of young families moving in. That retail sector will have to be satisfied and a CityTarget would do that. I would love to have Peapods and Lakeshore Learning expand over here.

Drizzay
Metrodome

Postby Drizzay » July 23rd, 2013, 11:26 am

But an Uptown Target might be the final nail in the coffin for Kmart! Oh no!

:lol:

uptown067
Metrodome

Postby uptown067 » July 23rd, 2013, 4:50 pm

Updated renderings on their website. Actually looks pretty slick.
http://www.thewalkway.com/unit-styles/

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » July 23rd, 2013, 9:40 pm

Tis!

I noticed that the brick jut-out that fronts Lake St. is shimmering in rainbow colors......I wonder if it'll actually do that, and if not, why they decided to add that to the rendering? Also, when looking at the rendering and seeing all of the newer additions to the Uptown area, it seems like it'll be only a short manner of time before the Cheapo site (it's Cheapo that's directly East of this site, right?) becomes the next redeveloped apartment/condo victim. I can't wait to visit the Twin Cities again! It's been over a year and yet SO MUCH has changed since I've last visited!

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » July 24th, 2013, 7:20 am

I can't wait to visit the Twin Cities again! It's been over a year and yet SO MUCH has changed since I've last visited!
The change in Uptown is just tremendous. It is finally becoming the place I hoped it would when I bought my house nine years ago.

Yes, Cheapo is the next site to the east. Though I will be sad to see it go, that block really needs redevelopment. Maybe Cheapo can occupy some of the new space.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » July 24th, 2013, 9:26 am

Updated renderings on their website. Actually looks pretty slick.
It's a little bit understated for my taste.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » July 24th, 2013, 9:35 am

The flamboyant and "over the top" exuberance of this project is great. This is "party central" and makes no apologies about it! It's unique and not just another wimpy copycat apartment project. Picks up on the urban energy and character of Uptown and celebrates it. My only question is will anybody living there ever be able to get any sleep?? ;)

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » July 24th, 2013, 9:37 am

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » July 24th, 2013, 9:40 am

I don't think our YouTube button works.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » July 24th, 2013, 12:19 pm

It does work, but you gotta just put in the video ID and not the whole URL:

Drizzay
Metrodome

Postby Drizzay » July 24th, 2013, 3:02 pm

Hopefully, there is some sort of set back for the party deck railing. If not, then there may be a few drinks spilled on the restaurant patrons directly below. :lol:

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » July 24th, 2013, 8:09 pm

The website actually says they don't allow beds in this building because nobody will ever sleep anyway.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » July 25th, 2013, 8:35 am

They'll need beds, because they're living in F**k City.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » July 25th, 2013, 10:23 am

They'll need beds, because they're living in F**k City.
Yes, they do allow beds, but your not permitted to use them for sleeping ;) . The complex would have made a great set for "Sex In the City". It's a very cool project though.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » July 25th, 2013, 3:56 pm

See they have part of the Lake/Giard overhang in place. Still need the other half though. THe ground level is comong along fast. The apartments seem very slow in getting anywhere compared to the retail. Is level 2 apartment support the whole level.

lordmoke
Wells Fargo Center

Postby lordmoke » August 4th, 2013, 5:22 pm

Passed by this today. If it isn't topped out, it's close enough that I couldn't tell. Everything great that this does for the urban nature of the area is very much negated by that stupid Calhoun Square lot, though. At least it's a huge step in the right direction.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » August 5th, 2013, 9:53 am

Starting to get some cool urban corridor looking areas in Uptown!!! :)