Nicollet Mall

Re: MSP Airport

Postby Gman12 » June 28th, 2014, 11:16 am

Saw AF1 at MSP.

Andrew_F
Rice Park

Postby Andrew_F » June 28th, 2014, 12:15 pm

Saw the Antonov fly over on what I believe is the approach to 12L. What a plane!

maxbaby
Landmark Center

Postby maxbaby » July 14th, 2014, 6:08 am

Hey does anybody know how the new Condor service is doing? Also the Icelandair and Air France service. Just wondering if those flights could justify year round service. If Sun Country and Spirit are growing so rapidly and possibly JetBlue and WestJet wanting to come in here why doesn't the airport start adding on to Terminal 2? From what I hear is that the airport doesn't have any gates for any further expansion with it's current layout. Sounds like we do have the potential to grow a lot but the limited gates are hindering that growth. Wonder if Delta wants it that way.

talindsay
Wells Fargo Center

Postby talindsay » July 14th, 2014, 6:54 am

Icelandair used to be year round but they had trouble filling the planes in the winter and early spring, so there is precedent but I think they would have to think it was a safe gamble. Since air France are partners with delta their service is already supplementary so it seems like to remain seasonal.

I do think we will see them act sooner rather than later on the terminal 2 expansion though, demand is high and doesn't look to be dropping off.

MSPtoMKE
Rice Park

Postby MSPtoMKE » July 14th, 2014, 9:24 am

In the last week, it was announced that Spirit will be moving to Terminal 1 as part of the rearrangement to co-locate American and US Airways. That will free up some space in Terminal 2. From the discussions on airliners.net, it didn't sound like consolidating all non-SkyTeam airlines to Terminal 2 is a near-term priority currently. I haven't heard anything about JetBlue or WestJet eyeing MSP, but it would be nice. JetBlue pretty much ignores most of the center of the country.
My flickr photos.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » July 14th, 2014, 9:40 am

Part of this move also shifts Great Lakes (with their tiny planes) from E or F over to A or B, which makes so much sense I can't believe that its taken this long to do so.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » July 14th, 2014, 9:56 am

Delta had full leases for A and B, and it took them a while to figure out how to move ZK to A/B.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » July 14th, 2014, 10:22 am

In the last week, it was announced that Spirit will be moving to Terminal 1 as part of the rearrangement to co-locate American and US Airways. That will free up some space in Terminal 2. From the discussions on airliners.net, it didn't sound like consolidating all non-SkyTeam airlines to Terminal 2 is a near-term priority currently. I haven't heard anything about JetBlue or WestJet eyeing MSP, but it would be nice. JetBlue pretty much ignores most of the center of the country.
This makes taking Spirit incredibly less awful.

talindsay
Wells Fargo Center

Postby talindsay » July 14th, 2014, 10:29 am

You don't like Humphrey terminal? I do - it's quick and easy whenever I've used it, and now there's even some good food over there.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » July 14th, 2014, 10:34 am

Granted, the last time I was there was when everything was closed except for a convenience store, but even then I prefer the bigness of Lindbergh. If I'm going to be stuck in a terminal waiting for a flight, I might as well be able to enjoy myself.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » July 14th, 2014, 10:58 am

I'll take T2 over T1 any day.

LakeCharles
Foshay Tower

Postby LakeCharles » July 14th, 2014, 11:03 am

If I'm going to be stuck in a terminal waiting for a flight, I might as well be able to enjoy myself.
That's true, but the great thing about T2: Judgement Day is that the security line is so short and the walk so easy that you can time your arrival so that you don't have to be stuck in a terminal. And if I have the choice of being stuck in a terminal or not, I'll take not every time.

Suburban Outcast
Landmark Center

Postby Suburban Outcast » July 14th, 2014, 5:01 pm

I just like it because it's easier to access in my opinion, given that T1/Lindbergh is busier. I've never been inside T1 past the ticket counters though, so I guess I might be missing out. I didn't mind T2 when I was waiting for my flight to Dulles though (the only flight I've been on when including the return flight to MSP). T1 has always been a hassle for me when picking up arriving passengers whenever I had to go there. T2 can be a pain, but it's still to a lesser extent than T1's arrival zone.

T1 has the better LRT station though.

talindsay
Wells Fargo Center

Postby talindsay » July 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm

Well, I do prefer terminal 1 because my flights out of MSP are usually mid morning so I can get to the airport early and have a long, relaxing breakfast at French Meadow. But I do like T2.

Chauncey87
Nicollet Mall

Postby Chauncey87 » July 16th, 2014, 2:12 pm

"British Airways flight diverts to MSP airport for medical emergency"

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_ ... source=rss

June/July has been pretty impressive for people into large wide body aircraft as I am at MSP AF1, Antonov, and now a BA A380. To bad it was so early in the morning it would have been nice to see a pic. It says they where only at MSP for around three hours so I doubt that would have been enough time to deplane everybody. Bummer they had there flight last another 3 hours.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » July 16th, 2014, 2:56 pm

June/July has been pretty impressive for people into large wide body aircraft as I am at MSP AF1, Antonov, and now a BA A380. To bad it was so early in the morning it would have been nice to see a pic. It says they where only at MSP for around three hours so I doubt that would have been enough time to deplane everybody. Bummer they had there flight last another 3 hours.

LakeCharles
Foshay Tower

Postby LakeCharles » July 16th, 2014, 3:21 pm

I understood what he was talking about just fine. It really wasn't that hard, was it?

LakeCharles
Foshay Tower

Postby LakeCharles » July 16th, 2014, 3:26 pm

Or if you need a snazzy graphic:

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » July 16th, 2014, 3:42 pm

I understood what he was talking about just fine. It really wasn't that hard, was it?
It's not about not understanding, or it being hard. But for the record, yes, it hurt my eyes... because it's about knowing proper grammar. One should know the difference between two, to, too, or your, you're and they're, there & their. Especially when posting on a site where lots and lots of people visit. That's just my opinion though.

Chauncey87
Nicollet Mall

Postby Chauncey87 » July 16th, 2014, 8:03 pm

A simple PM from the grammar police would have been just fine. What has all ready been pointed out is this is a global forum. So spending the next handful of posts putting me on blast for using the wrong word by mistake is completely unnecessary. I thought the news of having some of the most identifiable airplanes land at MSP in the past month would have excited some of you. By my count the A380 has only been here once before. Wait, should I have spelled that hear instead?