MN State Fair

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
Nathan
Capella Tower

MN State Fair

Postby Nathan » September 5th, 2014, 4:25 pm

I thought we already had a thread for the fair... BUT

Comments on the knew west end shops? I thought they were pretty well put together.

The new bus drop off area was pretty convenient, I never got down to Como, but I have to imagine it made life easier down there.

Also, Their annual polls came out as well... some interesting topis like gas tax and marijuana and liquor stores being open on Sunday

http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/hinfo/ ... esults.pdf

(if there is a thread that I couldn't find please move, I did query)

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Re: MN State Fair

Postby FISHMANPET » September 5th, 2014, 4:32 pm

Ticket lines at the new transit center seemed dramatically longer than at the old transit entrance, but I only had a sample size of one (visit).

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » September 5th, 2014, 4:40 pm

When we arrived by bus (having prepurchased tickets) early afternoon on Saturday, the ticket line looked apocalyptically long. Getting off at the Parade Stadium dropoff point and walking past everyone made me feel exhausted for them.
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » September 5th, 2014, 4:56 pm

I read somewhere (maybe in an article about how they weigh the tickets to determine attendance!) that the tickets at the new West End entrance are being handled differently than other locations, and this is consistent with my experience there. As I recall, they were printing unique tickets on demand, rather than just tearing off from a pre-printed roll. Also, that ticket line took credit cards -- in my memory, it used to be all cash.

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mamundsen » September 5th, 2014, 5:36 pm

I live in Como and can say moving the buses definitely helped congestion. As for the tickets... I used a credit card last year at the old bus drop off on Como.