U.S. Bank Stadium

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
EOst
Capella Tower

Re: Minnesota Multi Purpose Stadium

Postby EOst » September 8th, 2014, 7:59 am

I thought this site was for discussing architecture, development, and infrastructure of the Twin Cities? Not birds.... We know many people are for and against the fritted glass, but how about this isn't brought up again until the glass is being installed!!

In other news, the second steel piece on the west end should be erected tomorrow, which is important because we will now get an actual look to how tall the stadium will be!
Are we hurting you by talking about a critical design feature of this building?

nfschauer
Nicollet Mall

Postby nfschauer » September 8th, 2014, 8:09 am

I thought this site was for discussing architecture, development, and infrastructure of the Twin Cities? Not birds.... We know many people are for and against the fritted glass, but how about this isn't brought up again until the glass is being installed!!

In other news, the second steel piece on the west end should be erected tomorrow, which is important because we will now get an actual look to how tall the stadium will be!
Are we hurting you by talking about a critical design feature of this building?
No....but if the argument takes up several pages and isn't going anywhere, I think it should be over with. I think I can count the same argument made by different people multiple times...Maybe if people stopped repeating themselves or an argument someone made a several posts earlier, it wouldn't be as annoying.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » September 8th, 2014, 8:10 am

Protip: Don't read the Southwest LRT thread.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

nfschauer
Nicollet Mall

Postby nfschauer » September 8th, 2014, 8:11 am

Protip: Don't read the Southwest LRT thread.
Oh, I never do.

nfschauer
Nicollet Mall

Postby nfschauer » September 8th, 2014, 8:17 am

I was told they're going to attempt to get the steel piece up today to beat the possible rain tomorrow.

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » September 8th, 2014, 8:29 am

I didn't think of this as an argument for or against fritted glass - just trying to dispel the misleading crap that the local media is reporting as fact. Arguing it was just the side effect. :)

I'm guessing I'm one that you refer to as repeating myself - I really didn't mean to hijack the thread for argument.
i talk too much. web dev, downtown. admin @ tower.ly

nfschauer
Nicollet Mall

Postby nfschauer » September 8th, 2014, 8:36 am

I didn't think of this as an argument for or against fritted glass - just trying to dispel the misleading crap that the local media is reporting as fact. Arguing it was just the side effect. :)

Should this thread be about construction updates only?
Oh no! The argument is interesting and people have good things to say, and of course this forum is for opinions and arguments as well, but I thought these most recent arguments were pretty much the exact same as recent ones I've seen. People must not be reading past posts because I see a lot of repetition and it gets boring, if you know what I mean. And yeah, you're correct, I haven't been on this site for too long. It's very informative and I love hearing people's opinions, though this must have been the first I've seen people repeating themselves. I guess it's something I'll have to get used to! ;)

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » September 8th, 2014, 8:40 am

Should this thread be about construction updates only?
Oh no! The argument is interesting and people have good things to say, and of course this forum is for opinions and arguments as well, but I thought these most recent arguments were pretty much the exact same as recent ones I've seen. People must not be reading past posts because I see a lot of repetition and it gets boring, if you know what I mean. And yeah, you're correct, I haven't been on this site for too long. It's very informative and I love hearing people's opinions, though this must have been the first I've seen people repeating themselves. I guess it's something I'll have to get used to! ;)
It's no problem at all. I understand what you're saying and edited my post to sound less... smart-ass? You're right though, sometimes people don't read more than a few posts back which leads to a lot of repetition. It just happens sometimes.

Since you haven't been here long - Glad to have you around and it's always awesome to have more contributing. Don't let the arguments that break out sometimes ever scare you away. :)
i talk too much. web dev, downtown. admin @ tower.ly

ECtransplant
US Bank Plaza

Postby ECtransplant » September 8th, 2014, 12:29 pm

Did the birds prefer 3c or 3a?

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » September 8th, 2014, 1:30 pm

Did the birds prefer 3c or 3a?
They preferred the Northern Alignment.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » September 8th, 2014, 6:55 pm

Cool little thing on the architecture of the stadium from the architects website. Lots of sketches and info

http://www.hksinc.com/places/minnesota- ... e-stadium/

nfschauer
Nicollet Mall

Postby nfschauer » September 9th, 2014, 8:58 am

And the steel is up. Now you can really get a sense of how high it will be!

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » September 10th, 2014, 1:50 pm

I'm curious if Zygi plans to build a parking ramp north of the stadium still? In several renderings (like the one below), there's a skyway connection to both the ramp Ryan Co. will build adjacent to the Wells Fargo towers, as well as a ramp on Zygi's property. I'm guessing he can do what he'd like with his property. The current surface lots will certainly be an eyesore once the park, Wells Fargo towers and Stadium are complete.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » September 10th, 2014, 2:08 pm

Looks like no ramp to the north, according to the model at the Vikings Preview Center.

Tom H.
US Bank Plaza

Postby Tom H. » September 10th, 2014, 2:36 pm

Also interesting that the old renders showed the closing of that short road that the 16 and 50 used to use (and the 3 still does) to get on 4th - McGrew Pl? I imagine that the 4th St contraflow lane and that short road are probably going to have to be re-thought in the near future as this area redevelops.

Rich
Rice Park

Postby Rich » September 10th, 2014, 3:15 pm

I'm curious if Zygi plans to build a parking ramp north of the stadium still?
In today's press-release regarding the new ramp proposal, Zygi promises to “incorporate development of the liner parcel into a master development of additional parcels near the ramp, which affiliates of the Vikings own, in order to create a significant mixed-use development which could connect the Mill District to the downtown skyway system.”

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » September 10th, 2014, 6:29 pm

That had better be in writing and say that it will pass a review board, (citizen) for it to be built. There also needs to be a time constraint other wise he pays a sizable penalty each year his mixed development does not mix!

I don't believe that he owns any of the properties north of his or anywhere close to the mill district that you can put a skyway thru. There is at least a block or two gap to Washington.

nfschauer
Nicollet Mall

Postby nfschauer » September 12th, 2014, 9:21 am

Doesn't look like the glass will be changing....

http://bringmethenews.com/2014/09/10/vi ... afe-glass/

lordmoke
Wells Fargo Center

Postby lordmoke » September 12th, 2014, 9:28 am

.. until the stadium gets a reputation for having dead birds falling on patrons.

nfschauer
Nicollet Mall

Postby nfschauer » September 12th, 2014, 9:36 am

.. until the stadium gets a reputation for having dead birds falling on patrons.
The Vikings should use it to their advantage for when teams like the Seahawks, Falcons, or Ravens come into town. We could post a banner with all the dead birds killed since the glass was put up with it saying, "No birds allowed in this house" This is a great idea.