Junction Flats - (643 Fifth Street North)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Re: Junction Flats - (643 Fifth Street North)

Postby mattaudio » October 7th, 2014, 10:49 am

Someday the garbage burner parcel will be the hottest redevelopment opportunity....

Archiapolis
US Bank Plaza

Postby Archiapolis » October 8th, 2014, 7:44 am

Someday the garbage burner parcel will be the hottest redevelopment opportunity....
I can't agree more. I said it the day that the Twins stadium opened.

When they built the Twins stadium I said, "I can't believe they are putting a baseball stadium in a ditch surrounded by highways, next to a garbage burner." Look at them now...

Also, stadiums don't transform neighborhoods or drive development. <runs from room>

Smoothuser
Block E

Postby Smoothuser » October 8th, 2014, 7:57 am

I can't wait for the Garbage Burner Artist Lofts.

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » October 8th, 2014, 10:42 am

I can't wait for the Garbage Burner Artist Lofts.
:idea: "Fartist Lofts"??? :ugeek:

Drizzay
Metrodome

Postby Drizzay » October 8th, 2014, 12:07 pm

They'd probably complain about the "noise" coming from the stadium.

swallman
Metrodome

Postby swallman » April 27th, 2015, 7:52 pm

I know this topic has been quiet for awhile but thought I'd give some first-hand experience of the noise levels heard at Junction Flats from the Holiday car wash. My wife and I currently live in ElseWarehouse and are contemplating moving to Junction Flats and the units we've looked at are directly on the side next to Holiday. We looked at units on both the 5th and 2nd floor and we didn't find the noise to be that bad (honestly, having our window open facing Washington at Else is almost worse because of vehicle traffic, motorcycles, etc.)

Probably will end up on the 2nd floor unit as all the downtown skyline view is just as good and we don't see the gas station parking lot, just roofs (meaning nobody can look into the apartment on that side either). Also has a huge private patio adjoining the pool area.

One question I'm wondering if anyone would have the knowledge on...who owns the corner lot opposite Be The Match (corner of 5th St. and 6th Ave.) ? It's rather small so don't think any high-rise could be built there...just don't want to lose a great downtown view from Junction Flats lol...

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » April 27th, 2015, 8:03 pm

Only corner that would be, is a part of the United Groups (Pohlad Organization) that is planning an office tower there. The other corner is District 600 which is being built on and Holiday is the other corner.

swallman
Metrodome

Postby swallman » April 27th, 2015, 8:27 pm

Only corner that would be, is a part of the United Groups (Pohlad Organization) that is planning an office tower there. The other corner is District 600 which is being built on and Holiday is the other corner.
Hmmmm...did some research and can't find any info at all about an office tower there in the future...not sure the lot even looks big enough?

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » April 27th, 2015, 8:34 pm

United's Office Building at Target Field Station http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/T ... erties.jpg

Also Hines could still be working on their 25 story tower. I've heard tons of new rumors about it.

Here it is: http://www.pickardchilton.com/mobile/35 ... fifth.html

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » April 27th, 2015, 8:56 pm

Hmmmm...did some research and can't find any info at all about an office tower there in the future...not sure the lot even looks big enough?
I'm not sure what parcel of land you are talking about, because the parcel that is on the corner of 5 th St and 6 Ave and backed by the LRT track is a parcel that has been talked about for Residential, Hotel , and the latest is office. United has dibs on it right now.

Go to page 4 and look under United Properties Target Field Station. There will be plenty of reading for getting you up to speed on that development.

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » May 8th, 2018, 8:23 am

Just signed a lease here to move in at the end of July with my boyfriend. We are excited to be much closer to work, and be walking distance to so many things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastharrietguy
City Center

Postby eastharrietguy » May 11th, 2018, 5:17 pm

Post how you feel about the place after you get settled in.

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » July 31st, 2018, 1:24 pm

Post how you feel about the place after you get settled in.
So my boyfriend and I have lived there since 7/28/18.

- We love the view of downtown from the pool on the second floor, I'm assuming this will be blocked once the Element Hotel across from Holiday goes up. So will enjoy while we can.
- My commute to work is about 3-5 mins by walking, and he commutes via lightrail for about 10 minutes.
- I love when we open our sliding door and can hear the bells of the LRT trains.
- Bike parking is easy, and I no longer have to store it inside my apartment.
- Had one maintenance request and they took care of it in like 30 mins.
- The amount of people with dogs makes me so happy, and will probably lead to us getting one.
- Walls are solid, can't really hear neighbors.
- Walk in closet is fabulous for my giant wardrobe...

Overall loving it so far. If you have any specific questions that I didn't think of, shoot them my way!

bubzki2
Foshay Tower

Postby bubzki2 » August 1st, 2018, 10:14 am

I noticed that 5th (in front of these apartments) was shut down before the Twins game the other day, is that road work or building related?

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » August 2nd, 2018, 2:49 pm

I noticed that 5th (in front of these apartments) was shut down before the Twins game the other day, is that road work or building related?
I'm not 100% sure, but the building across the street is doing something, as well further down the street they are digging up some land.

tdtmpls
Block E

Postby tdtmpls » August 2nd, 2018, 9:39 pm

The building across the street is doing preparation work for Number 12 Cider House, a new cider brewery from Buffalo, MN. It's pretty cool what they are doing between the Schaefer Richardson property and District 600 in which the brewery will reside, they're establishing a space for multiple food trucks to pull into, almost a food truck park, that will be filled during the hours of operation for the cider house.

The other closures you are seeing are for infrastructure work for the Element by Westin and The Fillmore project, otherwise know as Target Field Station.

downfall
City Center

Postby downfall » August 3rd, 2018, 1:14 pm

The work on N 5th St near N 8th Ave is for the Great River Landing apartment building:
http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/mwg-int ... 1IRTHaA6o,
http://www.beaconinterfaith.org/what-we ... er-landing

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » August 3rd, 2018, 1:22 pm

The work on N 5th St near N 8th Ave is for the Great River Landing apartment building:
http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/mwg-int ... 1IRTHaA6o,
http://www.beaconinterfaith.org/what-we ... er-landing
oh neat, the city of Minneapolis link is not working.

downfall
City Center

Postby downfall » August 3rd, 2018, 4:26 pm

Updated link for Great River Landing memo to Mpls City Planning Committee (April 2017): http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/www/gro ... 197001.pdf

TroyGBiv
US Bank Plaza

Postby TroyGBiv » August 4th, 2018, 8:38 am

Is it possible to make this building more ugly?