Postby mplsjaromir » October 30th, 2014, 7:39 am

Did they fax those pictures into SSC?

Nathan
Capella Tower

Re: Rumors!

Postby Nathan » October 30th, 2014, 7:44 am

Did they fax those pictures into SSC?
lol.

The fact is they are spread all over the Internet and saved to hundreds of hard drives. Even if they came down they'd still be around and it's no one on this websites fault so there is no use blaming. If celebrities nude photos can't be taken down by Google itself, I think June has a long road ahead of her.

holmstar
Nicollet Mall

Postby holmstar » October 30th, 2014, 7:55 am

Even if they came down they'd still be around and it's no one on this websites fault so there is no use blaming.
True, but we each have the choice of whether to re-post them. If you respect the wishes of texas_re, then why make it easier for others to find the photos?

mplsjaromir
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mplsjaromir » October 30th, 2014, 7:59 am

What is Texas_RE?

holmstar
Nicollet Mall

Postby holmstar » October 30th, 2014, 8:03 am

What is Texas_RE?
"Who is Texas_RE?" would be a better question. If you want to know, go check out her posts at SSC.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » October 30th, 2014, 8:17 am

Who is SSC?

mplsjaromir
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mplsjaromir » October 30th, 2014, 8:30 am

What is Texas_RE?
"Who is Texas_RE?" would be a better question. If you want to know, go check out her posts at SSC.
Oh I see, someone who talks about things far into the future. Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » October 30th, 2014, 11:06 am

Even if they came down they'd still be around and it's no one on this websites fault so there is no use blaming.
True, but we each have the choice of whether to re-post them. If you respect the wishes of texas_re, then why make it easier for others to find the photos?
I forgot who had authority over the internets, sorry.

nBode
Union Depot

Postby nBode » October 30th, 2014, 4:18 pm

Reposting the photos after someone requested they be taken down is childish and disrespectful. Would you kindly remove them, matt? It doesn't really matter that they can be found elsewhere. That does not in any regard make it okay. This is a stupid argument.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » October 30th, 2014, 4:24 pm

Reposting the photos after someone requested they be taken down is childish and disrespectful. Would you kindly remove them, matt? It doesn't really matter that they can be found elsewhere. That does not in any regard make it okay. This is a stupid argument.
I'm sure we and Jennifer Lawrence share your sentiments, but the reality of the situation is at this point it's been seen and there is no unseeing it. Let's all just ask eduard Snowden to take back his leaks and see how it works.

nBode
Union Depot

Postby nBode » October 30th, 2014, 4:40 pm

The reality of the situation at this point is that multiple people have requested they be taken down. That's all. It's a simple request. I would hope that we're all adults who can respect those requests, regardless of any ifs ands or buts. That hope may be in vain.
These last dozen posts should probably be removed after a bit, I think.

nordeast homer
US Bank Plaza

Postby nordeast homer » October 30th, 2014, 4:45 pm

Nathan, do you always have to be "that guy"? Someone made a simple request; you can decline that request, but always having to come back with a smart alec comment destroys your integrity.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » October 30th, 2014, 4:48 pm

I'd say repeated demands to take down the pictures are, at this point, childish, but to each his own.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » October 30th, 2014, 4:58 pm

Everyone so far has been asking politely to take them down? Why is that so hard to respect? If there's a controversial issue with them then they shouldn't be here. What I see mostly here are the guys who have been here since the beginning almost the beginning of the site fighting the people who are here mostly for development discussion, rumors or not. Why do we even have this section if all it has become is fighting whether or not something is true or not? In my very honest opinion I believe that the thread should be locked and anyone who wants to discuss the future developments of Minneapolis can join June and some others at Skyscraper Page. It's a much more accepting community of people, the discussion actually goes somewhere.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » October 30th, 2014, 5:09 pm

For the record I'm one of the largest advocates of the rumors forum here. And I see just as much arguing on SSC as well. The people who created the images had a responsibility and they apparently failed. It's unfortunate.

If I'm "that guy" it's only because of the other "that guys" that used to be here. My sarcastic get realness is actually what gives me integrity with people IRL. I'm sorry if it happens to cross into a realm where you and I have a difference of opinions.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » October 30th, 2014, 5:12 pm

I respect that people want the picture taken down. I also respect that this is the real world that's just not how things work. I think it's childish to assume that merely asking nicely will get the picture taken down.

MN Fats
Union Depot

Postby MN Fats » October 30th, 2014, 6:48 pm

The reality of the situation at this point is that multiple people have requested they be taken down. That's all. It's a simple request. I would hope that we're all adults who can respect those requests, regardless of any ifs ands or buts. That hope may be in vain.
These last dozen posts should probably be removed after a bit, I think.
I am simply requesting you remove this post.

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » October 30th, 2014, 7:26 pm

It's funny because pictures can't disappear from the internet, and a leak is a leak, sadly. It can't be unleaked.

But one side is genuinely trying to help out another person because they don't want to cause any harm that's arisen from their curiosity. The other side is trolling for the fun of it and thinks people showing actual care for each other is childish.

Hmm...
i talk too much. web dev, downtown. admin @ tower.ly

Mpls9

Postby Mpls9 » October 30th, 2014, 8:17 pm

Just when I think this fuckin place can't sink into the cesspool any lower.....

Half of you go all Nazi Germany and demand we STOP talking about anything that doesn't have a shovel in the ground and now some leaked images hit this site and people involved in the project would like them removed and you basically take a "go fuck yourself" attitude about it. My God this place is a long ways away from the Twincityscape era.

mplsjaromir
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mplsjaromir » October 30th, 2014, 8:23 pm

A nonsensical Nazi analogy it just what's needed to bring this thread to respectability.