Rumors: A Historical Record of Mystery

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
mullen
Foshay Tower

Re: Rumors!

Postby mullen » November 4th, 2014, 8:35 am

I hope Grant keeps posting to. I enjoy reading his contributions... and appreciate enthusiasm.

for towers...get this man to design one more iconic building for mpls. he's 88!
http://pcparch.com/projects/new-work

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » November 4th, 2014, 8:51 am

What's the deal with people crusading on behalf of supposed ultra capitalists? If I'm following this right, one group of really rich people betrayed another group of really rich people. So why does it matter is low quality black and white images of the ugliest hotel ever suggested make it online? If that was anything more than some kid messing around on Photoshop, then a potential deal would be worth millions. I'm sorry but über capitalists are on their own.

That's why it's hard to believed these claimed real estate veterans when they have such a difficult time with skepticism and leaks. I know of y'all perform seances nightly in hope it bring about the next supertall, but chill on the white knight stuff.

The only non anonymous defender of these people is enrolled in high school.[img]frog_drinking_tea.jpg[/img]
I guess one reason is that these ultra capitalists are kindly sharing information with us that's fairly highly privileged, and not so long ago when RetiredBanker tried to do the same thing he told us he stopped PRECISELY because of these kinds of attitudes and actions of people here. What **I** don't understand is the blatant disrespect some people have towards not only each other, but some of the more prominent real estate/finance/city planning members in this region who have hands in some of the (purportedly) biggest transformational projects the city has ever seen. Why even risk it? What do you (not you in particular per se) gain by being a smart ass?

I mean you guys seem to respect Avian, M B P and Nasa, right? You know them and respect what they say, so if they're backing these consortium types and the things they have to say then maybe it's worth giving them the benefit of the doubt.

EOst
Capella Tower

Postby EOst » November 4th, 2014, 9:10 am

You keep saying that people are showing disrespect to our friendly plutocrats, but I've never seen anyone explain exactly what that means. How much skepticism or lack of total deference are we allowed to show before it becomes Too Much?

Snelbian
Rice Park

Postby Snelbian » November 4th, 2014, 9:15 am

What's the deal with people crusading on behalf of supposed ultra capitalists? If I'm following this right, one group of really rich people betrayed another group of really rich people. So why does it matter is low quality black and white images of the ugliest hotel ever suggested make it online? If that was anything more than some kid messing around on Photoshop, then a potential deal would be worth millions. I'm sorry but über capitalists are on their own.

That's why it's hard to believed these claimed real estate veterans when they have such a difficult time with skepticism and leaks. I know of y'all perform seances nightly in hope it bring about the next supertall, but chill on the white knight stuff.

The only non anonymous defender of these people is enrolled in high school.[img]frog_drinking_tea.jpg[/img]
I guess one reason is that these ultra capitalists are kindly sharing information with us that's fairly highly privileged, and not so long ago when RetiredBanker tried to do the same thing he told us he stopped PRECISELY because of these kinds of attitudes and actions of people here. What **I** don't understand is the blatant disrespect some people have towards not only each other, but some of the more prominent real estate/finance/city planning members in this region who have hands in some of the (purportedly) biggest transformational projects the city has ever seen. Why even risk it? What do you (not you in particular per se) gain by being a smart ass?

I mean you guys seem to respect Avian, M B P and Nasa, right? You know them and respect what they say, so if they're backing these consortium types and the things they have to say then maybe it's worth giving them the benefit of the doubt.
I'm confused. Risk what?

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » November 4th, 2014, 9:20 am

Too bad this isn't a rumors thread for New York, because http://manhattanairport.org/

MN Fats
Union Depot

Postby MN Fats » November 4th, 2014, 9:24 am

Too bad this isn't a rumors thread for New York, because http://manhattanairport.org/
April Fools?

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mamundsen » November 4th, 2014, 9:28 am

That seems insane! Turn the largest park in the most urban city into another airport. Duh! No way! Is there an anti committee? I see that their latest news makes comments about how the recent surge in visits to their website mean people are supporting the plan. I think people are looking at it and laughing about a crazy idea.

EOst
Capella Tower

Postby EOst » November 4th, 2014, 9:30 am

It's a (hilarious) hoax.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » November 4th, 2014, 9:34 am

It's almost like I'm trying to make a point!

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » November 4th, 2014, 2:09 pm

Here's what bugs me about Texas RE, RetiredBanker, etc. They keep talking about the "vision" the Consortium (tm) has for Minneapolis. How about we talked about the vision the people who actually live in the city have? I'm not overly excited about some vision implemented from on high and having the Consortium representatives tell us how great we should think it is is simply marketing. I don't *want* vast swaths of downtown developed by the same people!

I respect Avian and M B P because I at least *think* they live here (please correct me if not) so they have an actual long-term stake in what happens. Nasa wasn't here much after I joined so I don't really have an opinion on him/her.

ECtransplant
US Bank Plaza

Postby ECtransplant » November 4th, 2014, 3:24 pm

People respected Nasa?

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » November 4th, 2014, 4:34 pm

Is this thread about project rumors or complaining about the people that post rumors?

I mean I'd love to have a real discussion about the those leaked designs that isnt just "LOL silly rumorwhores."
i talk too much. web dev, downtown. admin @ tower.ly

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » November 4th, 2014, 5:10 pm

They aren't leaked designs, they are someone trolling.

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » November 4th, 2014, 5:20 pm

i for one think its really rude that people are forced to post on this forum and even worse that they have to read it and even occasionally be subjected to moderately critical thinking on one thread out of 2282 like that's EXACTLY how Hitler first came to power ,do your research
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

PhilmerPhil

Postby PhilmerPhil » January 25th, 2015, 12:07 pm

So the source of many downtown development rumors, Ryan, has been found on LinkedIn. I'll just post the link and let everyone make their own assumptions:
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ryan-nelson/b/382/154

MN Fats
Union Depot

Postby MN Fats » January 25th, 2015, 12:31 pm

#RyanGate

Thanks for unlocking this!!

My favorite parts are

"Specialties: I'm fluent in 8 languages (English, Dutch, German, French, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, learning Chinese, can wing it in 8-10 others) and assist in negotiating acquisitions."

And being a CEO of a company as well as on the boards of two charities that are all nowhere to be found elsewhere on the internet.

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » January 25th, 2015, 12:40 pm

And? Social media snooping feels creepy, and true this isn't exactly hiding but it kind of feels like an uninvited unmasking. I friggan hate LinkedIn so I'm not going to click through. Care to summarize take away points that make it worthy to share?

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » January 25th, 2015, 12:45 pm

The summarization is that there's nothing to summarize. CEO of companies that don't exist and on the boards of charities that don't exist.

EOst
Capella Tower

Postby EOst » January 25th, 2015, 1:10 pm

I would love to meet someone who could wing a conversation in eighteen languages. We would have a grand old time.

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » January 25th, 2015, 3:37 pm

I occasionally lurk SSC when particularly exciting things are being announced. I understand skepticism, I have it but I try hard to become churlish. Try.

This shadow consortium thing is an amazing idea, supposedly operating for three years now on a 15-year-plan. Has anything happened that is pointed to as something influenced by this group? Any one of their dominos lined up that has fallen into place they say is theirs?