Tucson

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Tucson

Postby grant1simons2 » April 2nd, 2015, 9:54 pm

Well I'm here right now. I went downtown and wow. It just makes me really appreciate Minneapolis. Some things that Minneapolis could take from Tucson, I saw more people biking on the street instead of the sidewalk downtown. Also more bike corrals. Also a streetcar that I haven't even seen pass yet. I'll post some pictures when I arrive back

Tyler
Foshay Tower

Re: Tucson

Postby Tyler » April 3rd, 2015, 12:48 pm

Downtown Tucson is in the midst of a major resurgence. It was the victim of massive urban renewal in the late 60's and languished terribly until about 10 years ago. Now its a pretty decent place to be and improving rapidly. I like the smaller scale of many of the streets. The streetcar is cool because you can get a 24 hr pass and hit up many of the places worth visiting at your leisure.
Towns!

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Re: Tucson

Postby grant1simons2 » April 3rd, 2015, 1:16 pm

It was. The restaurant we went to was so amazing. I cant even tell you what I had because the chef just rolled a dice. There were a lot of empty storefronts though... Dark spaces that were filled with some sketchy people. Kind of like on Nicollet mall, the empty spaces attract a bit of bad. It really reminds me of downtown Rochester actually.