LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Re: Loring Park Apartments - (1368 LaSalle Avenue)

Postby min-chi-cbus » November 3rd, 2012, 9:36 am

What are they selling?

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 3rd, 2012, 10:20 am

They should do what they've done elsewhere in the city... Tear down a neglected yet original streetcar-era building across the street, build a new SA, then leave the old one vacant across the street. I swear I've seen this in two or three places.
If anything, the SA should be moved to Nicollet Ave and then the Strip mall site should be turned into a mixed use site with Retail on the ground level and apartment above them. They should take a page from Greco's 29th and Lyndale apartments and Flip the L shape of the retail so that the stores line the street with the retail parking in the rear. Then like Greco's apartment you build apartments over the open parking and put the residential parking underground. My wild opinion for an excellent developement.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » November 3rd, 2012, 10:53 am

If anything, the SA should be moved to Nicollet Ave and then the Strip mall site should be turned into a mixed use site with Retail on the ground level and apartment above them. They should take a page from Greco's 29th and Lyndale apartments and Flip the L shape of the retail so that the stores line the street with the retail parking in the rear. Then like Greco's apartment you build apartments over the open parking and put the residential parking underground. My wild opinion for an excellent developement.
Yes, I think this site has the potential for a different , more dense multi-use structure. Other than the SA, the retailors here are just fine and it would be great to see them remain in the area. It's going to be interesting to see if 1368 Lasalle has any economic "domino effect" on some of the other underutilized properties nearby. I think there will be some influence , but it's hard to predict the course it will take.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » November 5th, 2012, 5:10 pm

Drove by this today and the site was bumping!

beykite
Nicollet Mall

Postby beykite » November 5th, 2012, 5:31 pm

Drove by this today and the site was bumping!
Very much so. Today there was a crane putting together a crane, which I assume will be used to construct another even larger crane. ;)

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » November 5th, 2012, 5:58 pm

Very much so. Today there was a crane putting together a crane, which I assume will be used to construct another even larger crane. ;)
And then?

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » November 5th, 2012, 6:41 pm

So, was Civilization banned, or did she just give up?

beykite
Nicollet Mall

Postby beykite » November 5th, 2012, 7:31 pm

And then?
A crane shall rise the like of which we have not seen in many a year.

woofner
Wells Fargo Center

Postby woofner » November 5th, 2012, 7:32 pm

Has anyone heard of another apartment building with an indoor dog run? I imagine Senor Magellan will manage this building pretty well (at least until he sells it to some retirement fund in a few years), but at the same time I hope this is not a new trend in amenities.
"Who rescued whom!"

mullen
Foshay Tower

Postby mullen » November 6th, 2012, 7:30 am

an awesome building. I can't look at the skyline now from the south and southwest without including this beauty.

Konante
Nicollet Mall

Postby Konante » November 6th, 2012, 9:09 am

Has anyone heard of another apartment building with an indoor dog run? I imagine Senor Magellan will manage this building pretty well (at least until he sells it to some retirement fund in a few years), but at the same time I hope this is not a new trend in amenities.
If well maintained it can be a great thing. I've seen a few but none in Minneapolis.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 6th, 2012, 9:13 am

Glad this project got out of the ground first. I still believe that the Nicollet need time to be reworked and revised into a mixed use building. I too will be glad to see a beautiful tower rising on the skyline.

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » November 6th, 2012, 9:29 am

I think that Greco's "Elsewarehouse"(hate that name), will have this.

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » November 6th, 2012, 4:55 pm

And now there are 3 small cranes on the site. Since this has no underground parking, I expect we will see a tower crane assembled fairly soon at this site!

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » November 6th, 2012, 5:09 pm

A tower (and a tower crane) both need pretty substantial footings, even if there's no underground parking. I'm not sure where bedrock sits relative to this site, but I'd anticipate that there will be some piles or augered piers required in place before we see any tower crane here.

mplser
US Bank Plaza

Postby mplser » November 7th, 2012, 12:18 pm

I waited in my car on Lasalle while they backed a truck into the site like a half hour ago. looked like some kind of piling they would put in the ground as a footing but I don't know much about these sorts of things

Konante
Nicollet Mall

Postby Konante » November 7th, 2012, 1:38 pm

Since this has no underground parking
I must've missed this fact along the way. How did Magellan pull that off? And where do they expect residents to park?

mplser
US Bank Plaza

Postby mplser » November 7th, 2012, 1:40 pm

Since this has no underground parking
I must've missed this fact along the way. How did Magellan pull that off? And where do they expect residents to park?
there will be parking above the street level retail

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » November 7th, 2012, 1:43 pm

Floors 2-4 are parking. I really think they are putting footings in for a tower crane....they have huge cylinders on site that go deep into the ground, the kind I have seen tower cranes come out of before. Purely speculation.

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » November 7th, 2012, 2:41 pm

Well it's sort of bound to happen (the crane).....are people just surprised it's happening so fast?