Rumors: A Historical Record of Mystery

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
Lancestar2

Re: Rumors!

Postby Lancestar2 » January 27th, 2015, 6:18 pm

Precisely. That's essentially what I said in a post here late last year. It got Texas into a real hissy-fit:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost. ... count=3208

P.S. I'd love to know if RB contacted mulad about a job! That was a really nice touch by the hoaxter.
That response is just drivel, word vomit, etc etc. And that's why I think nasa is somehow involved, because he's the only one that seems to bear such a searing hatred of this forum that he would use any and all opportunities to discredit us. But at like an elementary school level.
Yep. That's when I started to suspect it was all nasa. Maybe it's not but the vitriolic style bears a strong resemblance.
Wow, I never seen that before. It's starting to look more and more like a long web of lies. Attack the openly vocal doubter of the credibility of this secret group viciously to discourage them to influence others. Very thought out plan, I don't think your dealing with a rookie pathological liar.

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » January 27th, 2015, 6:24 pm

I know nothing about nasa, but I don't think the ability to post mindless drivel is really that uncommon on message boards...
i talk too much. web dev, downtown. admin @ tower.ly

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » January 27th, 2015, 6:31 pm

More than anything else, it's pretty disappointing that this whole story broke a double digit number of hours after a Happy Hour.
But it'll be a fun drunken topic at the next one.

Chef
Landmark Center

Postby Chef » January 27th, 2015, 9:24 pm

Does anyone else think that the person/people responsible for this will be back at some point in the future, wearing a new costume, spinning a new story? SSC and urbanmn are basically two halves of the same community. We have a crazy person within our community, and they haven't gone away...

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » January 27th, 2015, 11:35 pm

Finally sat down to look at those linkdIN profiles connected to the Jesus Tex RB Consortium. IT'S BIZARRO

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?i ... iew-button

I'm guessing christian-cult-run pyramid scheme.

Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

PhilmerPhil

Postby PhilmerPhil » January 28th, 2015, 9:23 am

At this point, I'm gonna go with seanrichardryan and agree that this is some sort of strange cult. Whoever's doing this may just be delusional and not actually trying to intentionally trick anyone. June/RB/Ryan probably thinks they are involved in a well connected, high powered, and influential consortium, when in reality, it's a cult of some sort.

Is that crazy? Is there any better explanation at this point?

billhelm
Nicollet Mall

Postby billhelm » January 28th, 2015, 9:31 am

The writing style is similar in samples from "Ryan" and "June". Retired banker's stuff seems a little better written, but I noticed rampant misuse of apostrophes in June and "Ryan"'s screeds, which, granted, is a common grammatical error. Comes off as unprofessional though.

This has been interesting, though I feel bad for the people that were duped. I was always a little skeptical of why members of a consortium supposedly working with so many people and with a perceived level of power would bother posting on these forums or writing "reports" (or even have any time to do any of this if they're so busy jet-setting around the globe making deals). Not to discount what happens here, as I enjoy it on a daily basis, but realistically, aren't there bigger fish to fry if it's a real thing?

Tyler
Foshay Tower

Postby Tyler » January 28th, 2015, 9:36 am

I highly doubt that. These are not real people. It's just a single obsessive person doing it for the lols.
Towns!

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » January 28th, 2015, 9:59 am

At this point, I'm gonna go with seanrichardryan and agree that this is some sort of strange cult. Whoever's doing this may just be delusional and not actually trying to intentionally trick anyone. June/RB/Ryan probably thinks they are involved in a well connected, high powered, and influential consortium, when in reality, it's a cult of some sort.

I mean it sounds totally plausible.

But after seeing Ryan post in the voice and character of June and immediately try to correct it (mentioning again because I edited it out of older posts,) I just doubt it.

TTT
Metrodome

Postby TTT » January 28th, 2015, 10:33 am

It sounds like there may be one or more people here who have had personal dialogue with RB in the past. There would be great interest I'm sure if he were to be contacted by one of those individuals about this set of circumstances and what he might say. June was telling everyone he was for the most part gravely sick - true or not?

It seems RB was once a ligitimate person and contributor.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » January 28th, 2015, 10:41 am

I'm having a hard time reconciling the real world Rick Christenson with retiredbanker though. Retiredbanker has personally invested millions of dollars in promoting the Twin Cities without expecting any direct return. I doubt someone would blow their entire 401k on something like that, so this guy has a lot of money. Tens of millions probably. We would probably know about this person through their charitable works and the large scale of those charitable works.

Rick Christenson is definitely a charitable guy, because the easiest stuff to find about him is his charitable work. But if I had tens of millions of dollars I wouldn't bother organizing tiny auctions in run down parts of Albert Lee, or show up for a photo op because your charity donated a couple books to a local library. I'd have one of my staff setup the auction, and I'd gladly show up for a photo op for a new library my charity funded. The scale in finances is just way off between the two identities.

So I have a hard time beleiving that retiredbanker and Rick Christenson are the same person, because the two profiles just don't sync up. So then I have a hard time believing that retiredbanker is fake but Ryan and June are real, so I'm back to viewing it as some kind of weird hoax/performance art piece.

On the next episode of MTV's Catfish...

MN Fats
Union Depot

Postby MN Fats » January 28th, 2015, 10:57 am

So I have a hard time beleiving that retiredbanker and Rick Christenson are the same person, because the two profiles just don't sync up. So then I have a hard time believing that retiredbanker is fake but Ryan and June are real, so I'm back to viewing it as some kind of weird hoax/performance art piece.
Good point, I'm curious if the mods can tell us where the retiredbanker/Rick Christenson originally connection came from? After all, before all this started happening, if you typed "retiredbanker" on this forum it was automatically changed to "Rick Christenson".

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » January 28th, 2015, 11:01 am

Learned both June and Ryan use gmail/yahoo email accounts for everything. Sounds legit.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » January 28th, 2015, 11:11 am

Eh, I don't find it weird to not use a work email for a forum like this. I certainly don't. Yahoo is a little strange, for Ryan at least, but June is supposed to be 70, no? That demographic is what's keeping Yahoo going.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » January 28th, 2015, 11:15 am

Eh, I don't find it weird to not use a work email for a forum like this. I certainly don't. Yahoo is a little strange, for Ryan at least, but June is supposed to be 70, no? That demographic is what's keeping Yahoo going.
I didn't mean for forum signups, though. They don't have company email addresses, or at least won't provide them.

MN Fats
Union Depot

Postby MN Fats » January 28th, 2015, 11:27 am

I didn't mean for forum signups, though. They don't have company email addresses, or at least won't provide them.
Well duh, because their company doesn't exist. Whom are they not providing them to anyways?

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » January 28th, 2015, 11:30 am

Well duh, because their company doesn't exist. Whom are they not providing them to anyways?
They're still very active with the people who aren't on the hoax-train, and some that are. Making lots of promises of how they'll show up the community.
Last edited by IllogicalJake on January 28th, 2015, 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

MN Fats
Union Depot

Postby MN Fats » January 28th, 2015, 11:33 am

They're still very active with the people who aren't on the hoax-train, and some that are. They have no interest in proving themselves real.
How do you know?

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » January 28th, 2015, 11:39 am

They're still very active with the people who aren't on the hoax-train, and some that are. They have no interest in proving themselves real.
How do you know?
I talk to a lot of urban community folks outside this forum, and some of them aren't paying much attention to the drama here. June/Ryan knows what's going on and are really trying to win over people.

gpete
Union Depot

Postby gpete » January 28th, 2015, 11:54 am

Good point, I'm curious if the mods can tell us where the retiredbanker/Rick Christenson originally connection came from? After all, before all this started happening, if you typed "retiredbanker" on this forum it was automatically changed to "Rick Christenson".
IIRC, out of the blue someone posted a link to Rick Christenson's LinkedIn page and said something along the lines of "found RetiredBanker's linkedin page." The photo on Rick's linkedin page was of the same person who was in RetiredBanker's avatar on this forum.