Rumors: A Historical Record of Mystery

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
acs
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Rumors!

Postby acs » January 28th, 2015, 3:54 pm

If DerekM was the one that got banned then good riddance. He was one of the most annoying online persona's I've ever seen.

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » January 28th, 2015, 3:56 pm

Remember, Grant wound up socializing with these people after feeling pretty rejected and unwelcome here. I mean, he wants to be an architect or work in urban planning for his career, and stay in Minneapolis. He wants to devote his life to it. And he felt unwelcome here. That sucks on its own merits and I won't dive into it.

I don't know if it's a coincidence that he's welcomed with opened arms by these people who start acting as a mentor. He's seen renders that he couldn't find anywhere else. He's been invited to future announcements, given "insider" info all the time. They've been *great* to him.
i talk too much. web dev, downtown. admin @ tower.ly

MN Fats
Union Depot

Postby MN Fats » January 28th, 2015, 4:05 pm

What is also funny, is that he no longer posts over there... AND his picture is much like the bizarre photos that these LinkedIn profiles have as well.
Good point on the photos, they must be lifted from Facebook, Instagram or something of the sort, because none appear to be indexed on Google. No results from a reverse image search.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » January 28th, 2015, 4:15 pm

I'm kind of amused by the fact that a reverse image search of my profile photo is mostly compilations of cat reaction pictures, and nothing actually related to me. MY BRAND

TTT
Metrodome

Postby TTT » January 28th, 2015, 4:26 pm

The fact that these photos cannot be found anywhere else from a reverse image search on the internet seems to suggest in itself that this is a hoax - does it not? Wouldn't that come in to question for the people still not sure or believing Ryan & June are real?

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » January 28th, 2015, 4:29 pm

Reverse image search is nowhere near comprehensive enough to conclude hoax, though. If anything it means its more likely an original photo and not lifted from somewhere.

TTT
Metrodome

Postby TTT » January 28th, 2015, 4:33 pm

That may be true, but TexasRE's photo seems to be a professional photo (unlike so many other's on LinkedIn that have endorsed her), and when I pulled her up on LinkedIn she has no photo at all. So she ONLY did a professional photo for the SSC website and NOT on a site actually designed to promote yourself in the business world?

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » January 28th, 2015, 4:37 pm

Grant may have seen more pictures of her, I don't know. He seems to know June best of all. I wish he was here to answer.

GrowMPLS

Postby GrowMPLS » January 28th, 2015, 4:40 pm

Nobody here happens to be good friends with Jacob Frey, right? I mean they've "met" with him a few times now...
I e-mail Frey a couple days ago and he said he didn't know Ryan Nelson and does not have any recollection of ever meeting or talking to The Consortium!

TTT
Metrodome

Postby TTT » January 28th, 2015, 4:48 pm

Is it out of the realm of possibilities that Jacob Frey would have an account on UrbanMSP (not that that has anything to do with this boondoggle)?

MN Fats
Union Depot

Postby MN Fats » January 28th, 2015, 4:48 pm

Nobody here happens to be good friends with Jacob Frey, right? I mean they've "met" with him a few times now...
I e-mail Frey a couple days ago and he said he didn't know Ryan Nelson and does not have any recollection of ever meeting or talking to The Consortium!
Welp. There it is. Can you post that email? That would be the proverbial last nail in the coffin I think.

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » January 28th, 2015, 4:52 pm

Oh my God please do not email City Council people about this Jesus Christ
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

lordmoke
Wells Fargo Center

Postby lordmoke » January 28th, 2015, 4:57 pm

This. Seriously.

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » January 28th, 2015, 5:21 pm

Yeah I wasn't meaning to encourage that. Was more just mentioning that they're mentioning Jacob Frey so much. Although he's a cool guy if anyone was in contact.

And I can't tell if GrowMPLS was serious.

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » January 28th, 2015, 5:26 pm

Seconding the Happy Hour idea though. Drunken mystery night.

DFPegg
Metrodome

Postby DFPegg » January 28th, 2015, 6:13 pm

Great discussion as always on this site. Someone on SSC mentioned John Titor, who I didn't know of but found to be a very interesting analogy to all of this.

The Helmet of Horror, a novel by Russian writer Victor Pelevin, also provides interesting food for thought. It sets the myth of Theseus and the Minotaur in an Internet chat forum. Check it out when you want to read something new.
Last edited by DFPegg on January 28th, 2015, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » January 28th, 2015, 6:16 pm

You know, I'm kind of half in a popcorn munching mode waiting to have them prove skeptics totally wrong because IT WOULD BE SO INCOMPREHENSIBLY AMAZING!

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » January 28th, 2015, 6:19 pm

I mean wouldn't it be weird but awesome if it's actually just a bunch of really, really weird people?

Less awesome if they're trying to recruit for a cult, I guess.

But I'm really more thinking stupid hoax, like was mentioned on SSC. The only things we can conclude is that it's somebody that really knows what they're talking about.

PhilmerPhil

Postby PhilmerPhil » January 28th, 2015, 6:34 pm

Would anyone be interested if a few of us get together at the Loring Park Dunn Bros at 8:30 tonight to talk about this whole thing? Might be kinda fun/interesting. Bring a laptop if you have one. Feel free to PM me or post here if interested, or just show up. Already have 2 confirmed guests. Will someone post this on SSC as well?

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » January 28th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Won't be there tonight - already committed. But keep us/me posted on what's being talked about! :D