Southside - News & General Topics

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
Trademark
US Bank Plaza

Re: Southside - News & General Topics

Postby Trademark » October 13th, 2022, 1:28 pm

Or if they really wanted to be bold they could eliminate parking on 37th, 39th and Columbus and route Chicago traffic on those streets south to 39th and back to Chicago. Tear up most of the pavement on Chicago from 37th to 38th and turn it into a park.

amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Postby amiller92 » October 14th, 2022, 9:37 am

The city or country should buy the gas station. They should also look into buying the retail building across the street with a parking lot. This would provide them alot more flexibility to work with given there will be many difference voices on what should be done here. Im not sure what should go there. Im not sure if they still plan on the bus route going down Chicago. They would also be able to move the garden area to a more perinate home if people wanted to keep it.
You mean south of the gas station? It's a church and I'm pretty sure I read the church owns the parking lot (used to have an agreement to let MetroTransit buses layover there).

There is what looks like bus stop construction happening over on Park and Portland which had me wondering if they had already decided to reroute the D line over there to avoid the square.

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » October 14th, 2022, 12:36 pm

The city or country should buy the gas station. They should also look into buying the retail building across the street with a parking lot. This would provide them alot more flexibility to work with given there will be many difference voices on what should be done here. Im not sure what should go there. Im not sure if they still plan on the bus route going down Chicago. They would also be able to move the garden area to a more perinate home if people wanted to keep it.
You mean south of the gas station? It's a church and I'm pretty sure I read the church owns the parking lot (used to have an agreement to let MetroTransit buses layover there).

There is what looks like bus stop construction happening over on Park and Portland which had me wondering if they had already decided to reroute the D line over there to avoid the square.
The D Line stations on Park and Portland are temporary build ones just like the ones on Olson Memorial for the C Line. Metro Transit does plan on returning D Line/Route 5 operations to Chicago when able to.

uptownbro
Rice Park

Postby uptownbro » October 25th, 2022, 10:04 am

The city will buy the gas station at GFS
https://www.startribune.com/minneapolis ... 600218843/

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » October 25th, 2022, 11:31 am

The city will buy the gas station at GFS
https://www.startribune.com/minneapolis ... 600218843/
They are in negotiations. This may not go through.

Blaisdell Greenway
Union Depot

Postby Blaisdell Greenway » November 17th, 2022, 9:05 am

New Snow Kreileich infill planned for Linden Hills next to Settegren's hardware. Looks fantastic. https://www.southwestvoices.news/posts/ ... pton-ave-s

Blaisdell Greenway
Union Depot

Postby Blaisdell Greenway » November 17th, 2022, 9:11 am

According to the Linden Hills website this is by right and doesn't require any variances. Lol amazing.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » November 17th, 2022, 10:17 am

Such a small footprint on this building -- hard to believe that they can get this to pencil out!

LakeCharles
Foshay Tower

Postby LakeCharles » November 17th, 2022, 12:15 pm

New Snow Kreileich infill planned for Linden Hills next to Settegren's hardware. Looks fantastic. https://www.southwestvoices.news/posts/ ... pton-ave-s
The address is wrong, right? It says 4303 Upton, but that's the wrong side of the street, and this appear to be on W 43rd, not Upton. Or do I have the wrong space?

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » November 17th, 2022, 1:41 pm

I had the same problem finding the property by address.

It does look fully in 43rd filling the gap between two buildings. That would explain needing the underpass to access the pizza place.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » November 17th, 2022, 2:18 pm

If you look at the Hennepin County plat maps, part of this site is an L shaped property with it's primary frontage on Upton (the Martina storefront). The Zumbro Cafe portion of the lot is part of a different piece of property that's shared with the corner lot. I assume that they'll need to replat the properties before anything can happen.

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » January 6th, 2023, 10:34 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minneapolis/co ... ame=iossmf

Taco Bell in Seward has closed, maybe a chance for some redevelopment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John21
Rice Park

Postby John21 » January 6th, 2023, 12:17 pm

A shady place, but I still went there for my cheap, junk food needs at times. RIP.

VacantLuxuries
Foshay Tower

Postby VacantLuxuries » January 6th, 2023, 1:13 pm

It'll be interesting to see if there's any interest from other fast food franchises, to either validate or put to bed the theory that non-conforming drive thrus will be prized and sought after by other restaurants.

Trademark
US Bank Plaza

Postby Trademark » January 6th, 2023, 1:27 pm

It'll be interesting to see if there's any interest from other fast food franchises, to either validate or put to bed the theory that non-conforming drive thrus will be prized and sought after by other restaurants.
That location didn't have a drive through.

VacantLuxuries
Foshay Tower

Postby VacantLuxuries » January 6th, 2023, 1:39 pm

Whoops. I guess the site I was picturing is actually the Wendys in Stevens Square. Talk about crossed wires.

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » January 6th, 2023, 3:31 pm

Here is the satellite view of it from Google Maps, plenty of space to develop into mixed-used development, prime spot near Franklin Ave Station.

tab
Metrodome

Postby tab » January 6th, 2023, 8:31 pm

Only the NE triangle is private property - the SW portion of this site is still public right of way (formerly a street) and would have to be sold to a developer to get a larger redevelopment site. Could be a great positive outcome from the simplification of the Cedar / Franklin / Minnehaha intersection that Hennepin County completed a few years back.

Per HC GIS, the current Taco Bell parcel is 0.28 acres.
https://gis.hennepin.us/property/

Trademark
US Bank Plaza

Postby Trademark » January 7th, 2023, 12:11 am

Only the NE triangle is private property - the SW portion of this site is still public right of way (formerly a street) and would have to be sold to a developer to get a larger redevelopment site. Could be a great positive outcome from the simplification of the Cedar / Franklin / Minnehaha intersection that Hennepin County completed a few years back.

Per HC GIS, the current Taco Bell parcel is 0.28 acres.
https://gis.hennepin.us/property/
I can't imagine what they are planning on doing with that public property. Unless they are trying to buy the taco bell also and combine it into one parcel.

uptownbro
Rice Park

Postby uptownbro » December 6th, 2023, 1:46 pm

One south side wants to build a new medical space at 1000 east lake st replacing what was family dollar
https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/ ... 1#cxrecs_s